Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What does the spirit feel like to you?

I think we all feel the influence of the Holy Ghost differently. The scriptures refer to the feeling of the third member of the godhead dwelling within us as sort of a burning of the bosom. I never have felt a burning sensation.

For me, it's different. It's more than just one sensory experience; it's hard to explain. For me, the spirit influences a new sense, one that hasn't been officially identified.

Feeling the Holy Ghost is like slipping into a hot bath, scented with lavender, next to a large window that overlooks the ocean, in an exquisite mansion on a bluff. Hills rise in the distance, and fantastically tall clouds billow up above the expansive water. A cleansing breeze causes the trees below to sparkle in the gentle mellow sunligh, the effect of the storm that had just passed. All is well. I am excited about the party that will be held downstairs, when my dearest friends and family show up later that day. I feel loved. I melt into the bath and close my eyes as the steam mingled with lavender rises. In that moment, every need I could possibly have is met.

That is what the spirit of God feels like to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment