Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tap tap tap.... this thing on?

It's almost midnight, the children are sleeping, my husband is on duty, and for some reason, this day full of an exhausting number of snack makings and diaper changes and trips up the stairs has not caused me to collapse. Not yet, anyway. I've got something on my mind, and now that I can actually hear my mind, I am listening.

You see, my life is blessed. Incredibly blessed. More blessings are crammed into one day than can be fully appreciated. To help me more deeply appreciate and remember the spiritual happenings going on about me every day, I'm starting this space. Because I will forget. I have forgotten so many answers to prayer already. Those answers deserve to be remembered.

I rarely talk about spirituality on my other blog. I just don't feel comfortable sharing these interactions with God there. I guess I feel... protective of the sanctity of my personal spiritual journey. That part of my life hangs back and is a wallflower while the other happenings of life take the stage.

I am a wallflower at church, too. I sit in the back of the chapel every Sunday. I like it back there. I can observe. I can contemplate. And my children can walk out to get drinks without disturbing half of the ward. It works for all involved, especially since I may or may not be late on occasion and it's easiest to sneak in at the back.

I may be waaaay back there, but that doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. Or, at least, trying to. You'd be surprised how many epiphanies I've had while simultaneously telling a little one to please stop peeling the crayons.

But some of those epiphanies are dear to me, and I don't want them to be forgotten. Heaven knows there are times in my life when I could use a little reminder of how blessed my life is. Very blessed -- if for no other reason than that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. My prayers. In a way that let's me know that he is listening to every word that I, Katie, am telling him in the middle of the night while everyone else is doing the sensible sleep thing.

Even when crap hits the fan, he is still there, listening and answering. And because of that, I am blessed. We all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment