Monday, November 12, 2012

LDS Church to help first responders

As the wife of a firefighter, I appreciate that the church is making a concerted effort to help the families of those who send their spouse out to help others. I can't imagine being in that situation, alone with my four young children in barely liveable conditions while my husband is on duty -- probably working more days than normal to help with the destruction and continuing emergencies.

I would be at a complete loss. And I would be alone when many others would not have to have their spouse go in to work.

"Rockaway, an area home to many first responders, was particularly hard-hit. About 450 volunteers worked to clear debris in that area, and they plan to focus future efforts on 105 homes of first responders.

President Calderwood said it was especially difficult to see first responders and their families so deeply affected by the storm. He asked one firefighter what damage his home had, and the man was too choked up to reply. He told the firefighter, “We’ll take care of it.”

I am so proud of my church family for doing this!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment